RightMove Recruitment are now hiring a General Manager for our client, a catering company based in Waterford.
The role of the General Manager is a senior, hands-on role overseeing all units onsite. Liaising with the Head of Munster Operations on a regular basis, for ongoing upkeep and improvement in all areas of various units.
- To effectively and efficiently manage the food and beverage offer in all units to deliver on required company standards in respect of presentation, taste, consistency and quality and to taste & sample the food and coffee on a daily basis taking relevant corrective actions as may be required.
- Provide hands on management presence and operational support during peak service periods to monitor and improve all aspects of food & beverage service delivery.
- Supervise the presentation of hot and cold food; ensure bake-off products are cooked and presented to required specifications and ensure hot counter displays are full and inviting.
- Conduct weekly unit inspections completing checklists and ensuring that company and Best Practise procedures are being followed, identify training & support needs of unit manager/supervisors and take corrective actions as may be appropriate.
- Ensure that all repairs and equipment are maintained in accordance with company and quality policies.
- Ensure a continuously high standard of food hygiene is maintained in all units and that all HACCP records are completed in line with company procedures, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all food temperature and equipment temperature checks are carried out daily and correctly recorded.
- Maintain correct stocks levels, stock rotation, and ensuring that storage and labelling are in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all deliveries are signed and checked by authorised personnel.
- Provide training and support to supervisors/managers in all areas of Financial Controls.
- To ensure all purchases, delivery dockets and invoices are entered into AX correctly and on time.
- Understand and be aware of stock usage & prices, and how fluctuations in cost prices and increased usage will impact on unit /site GP.
- Ensure that weekly stock-take is accurately counted, recorded and entered into AX.
- Ensure that all transfers between units and all wastage are accurately recorded.
- Be aware of budgeted GP and identify ways of achieving and improving the unit’s GP performance.
- Ensure that all company procedures relating to cash handling are being carried out in all units on a consistent basis, and corrective actions are taken where non-compliance is evident.
- Ensure all safe checks are carried out daily and entered into the correct safe book and that all shortages are investigated and reported to KAM/Group Finance.
- Ensure all key holding policies are stringently followed.
Health and Safety
- Manage the Health & Safety systems in the unit, including the kitchen, are in line with company standards ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities.
- Investigate and escalate any breaches in Health and Safety systems thoroughly.
- Ensure that all units are always audit ready, be that internal or external audits.
- Always be available to deal with any customer concerns while displaying a positive and committed attitude to customer care.
- Act as a role model in terms of customer service.
- Provide training, support and feedback to the relevant teams on their customer service.
Ace – Quality Assurance
- Ensure that all units are audit ready at all times and corrective action registers are being completed and followed up in a timely manner.
- Follow up on ACE Audits and close out any actions required, communicate with staff ensuring that all staff are aware of the company standards and their responsibilities.
- Oversee and support the Hospitality team ensuring required standards are being maintained for bookings, presentation, deliveries, and post event follow up being recorded and actioned appropriately.
- Oversee any large-scale/VIP events, liaising with the client and the hospitality team to ensure all expectations are met.
Training, Development and People Management
- Ensure all staff complete company induction, manual handling training, workstation training and H&S and Food Safety training in line with their responsibilities.
- Ensure all training cards are up to date to include both on and off-site training and that HR are kept up to date with all training records.
- Manage the team in line with Company HR policies and procedures.
- Plan annual leave with the supervisors/managers in line with business requirements, term times and ensure all holiday request forms are completed correctly and all holidays notified to payroll department.
- Ensure that lay off letters are issued in good time.
- Ensure that employee attendance records are accurate and fully updated.
- Ensure wages are correctly calculated and sent to the payroll department on time.
- Maintain and file signed weekly break sheet records.
- Ensure staff uniforms are clean, all staff have name badges and staff well-presented and all are wearing correct uniform and safety shoes and relevant PPE.
- Monitor and review staff on the job performance to identify training and development needs and communicated to KAM/Group HR.
- Ensure all staff are aware of customer service policy and demonstrate their understanding in their interaction with customers on a day to day basis.
Client Relations Management
- Full understanding of client expectations and reporting requirements.
- Ensure all contractual conditions are achieved and liaise with the client regarding ongoing performance and improvement opportunities.
- Understanding of importance of marketing within your unit and utilise the support and services available to you and your site.
- Ensure that all communication with the client, customers, colleagues and staff is conducted in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure that all site/unit reports (weekly and monthly) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that relevant information required by KAM/Head Office to facilitate timely decision making is provided on time (with reasonable notice).
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents relating to H&S, Hygiene are accurately recorded and reported to company personnel in line with company policy.
- Attend company meetings and training as may be required.
- Encourage good communication from all the catering team.
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety requirements and legislation
- Good working knowledge & experience of HACCP and ISO systems and procedures
- Knowledge of a variety of cuisines and food trends
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practice
- Strong operational, business and financial skills
- Strong organisational & planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – spoken and written
- Proven leadership skills
- Positive, can do attitude
- Hands on – strong team player
- High level of enthusiasm and passion for food, service and sales
- Leads by example – acts as a role model
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €43,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waterford, CO. Waterford: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- General Manager: 4 years (required)
- Catering Manager: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person