RightMove Recruitment are now hiring a Duty Manager for a 4-star hotel in Ballsbridge, County Dublin, Ireland.
Purpose of job: To take responsibility for the premises and its patrons in the absence of the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
Responsible to: General Manager & Assistant General Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the premises are operating in a manner which complies with the Health & Safety at work Act 2005 and the Hotel Health & Safety Policy.
- To ensure that all fire escape routes are kept clear and the doors are kept in good working order.
- To ensure that all fire safety equipment is in good working order and that it is placed in the correct position as laid down by the fire officer.
- To ensure that the food and beverage department is operating within the food and hygiene regulations.
- To be prepared to attend any meeting arranged by the General Manager.
- To maintain a control over the cash on the premises (floats, cash registers, the back safe).
- To carry out and file an AM and PM checklist at the beginning of duty each day.
- To ensure that any damage to the premises is reported and corrected.
- Log any accidents or incidents that may occur to patrons or staff of the hotel in the Duty Managers hand over diary and / or the accident report book.
- To ensure that all staff conduct themselves in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual and hotel policy.
- To help organise sales incentives and promotions that may increase the turn over of the hotel.
- To greet customers as laid down in the SOP manuals.
- To handle any complaints that may arise ensuring that each complaint is handled in a manner that complies with the hotel policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €35,000.00-€38,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin City Centre, County Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Duty Manager: 4 years (required)
- Hospitality: 2 years (required)
- Ireland (required)