RightMove Recruitment are now hiring a number of Drivers for our client based in Dublin Port.
Successful candidates will be working on the behalf of an independent operator within the port, providing long term contracts to the multinationals and are favored by most independent shipping and forwarding agents.
First and foremost, you will be trained in all aspects of the role, ensuring you are fully aware of how to load, unload and secure vehicles from ships to car lots down to speed limits and health and safety which is very important when working on the Dublin Port with our client.
Once fully trained up the role will include the below duties:
- Completing daily checks of the vehicle before setting off on your run.
- Driving brand new cars safely off of ships in tight spaces.
- Delivering and collecting a range of vehicles to and from ships, this will include a number of runs back and forth for long hours following 1 car (taxi) at all times.
- Ensuring every car is delivered to high standards set every time without any accidents.
- Maintain the high standards of the vehicle and driving hours compliance and comply with Dublin Port speed limit.
- Full training will be given, providing you have held a Full Driving License with at least 2 years driving experience and port pass.
What kind of person we are looking for?:
- It is essential that you have held a Full License.
- No more than 6 points for minor offences.
- Must have at least 2 years driving experience.
- Be confident to drive vehicles on and off tight spaces and great attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and a passion for meeting the highest standards set.
- Hold a valid port pass and be fully flexible for shift/casual work.
Drivers License, Full License, communication skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: €13.00-€26.00 per hour
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- B driving licence (required)
Work Location: In person