RightMove Recruitment are now hiring a Bar Manager for a 4-star hotel in Blanchardstown, Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland.
- To purchase all equipment required for pre & post opening
- To write all the departmental Game plans and update them in line with agreed procedures.
- To write and implement all shift checklists
- To maintain the Bars in line with IHG standards.
- To control, document and record the issuing of Grand Master, Master, Section and Floor swipe keys in conjunction with the Deputy GM.
- To ensure all guests queries are handled promptly and efficiently
- To ensure all Bar Staff are able to carry out their duties to the standards as laid down in the standard of performance manuals.
- To meet with all meeting planners prior to there event and ensure all points are covered and prepared for that are relevant to the Bar.
- To ensure all guests queries are handled promptly and efficiently.
- To maximize in revenue, through up selling and additional sales as well as efficient recording of sales.
- To create a guest profile for all groups and individuals. To meet with all meeting planners post the event / meeting and follow up on any requests or concerns.
- To ensure all staff make follow up promptly on any guest request and ensure guest satisfaction
- To process all charges for groups and individuals efficiently
- To maximize service capacity without compromising standards
- To be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes to initiate changes to our services / rates as appropriate
- To ensure all staff are familiar with safe keeping, cash handling, credit policy of the hotel
- To assist in the compilation and achievement of the Bars and F&B budget
- To attend all food and beverage meetings.
- To ensure compliance to the Responsible Serving of alcohol policy.
- To submit all rosters on time, and within budget to the Senior Manager and HR Manager
- To constantly liaise with other departments to ensure all guest requests are attended to efficiently
- To ensure the Bar departments are fully aware of any menu updates, hotel promotions, corporate promotions or special activities going on in the hotel/area
- To organize and carry out any reasonable customer entertainment when required
- To ensure we have a good working relationship with the support companies or groups
- To ensure efficient assessment and introduction of products are done according to standards i.e. Beverage List and Presentation Products & Props
- To ensure adequate, efficient coverage of all shifts
- To ensure that Residents Bars are staffed and manned accordingly.
- To ensure that Function Bars are staffed and manned accordingly.
- To ensure that all beverages including any wine/beverages for functions are requisitioned in advance.
- To liaise with the stores manager to ensure that par levels for all items are maintained.
- To ensure that all bars and lounges are always maintained to the highest level of cleanliness and that scheduled cleaning regimes are put into place.
- To practice tight control on all stock and products.
- To ensure that function bars are only accessible/ open during a function.
- To ensure that all bars including fridges and bar store areas are locked at the end of each shift.
- To assist in stock takes.
- To ensure that regular analysis of all competitors pricing is carried out.
- To ensure that all menus, displays and coffee lounge displays are always well maintained.
- To carry out coffee training as required.
- Never to compromise on agreed standards of service and display.
- To be proactive and inform the F&B manager of items that are required in the bar area. This involves researching products and pricing and quotes and presenting them for approval.
- To ensure that all staff issue receipts with all purchases.
- To maintain all the bars, stores and back of house areas in good condition.
- To assist around the hotel during busy periods.
- To carry out a monthly Food & Beverage report.
- To carry out monthly crockery/ glass stock takes.
- To utilize micros and indeed any other equipment that is purchased.
- To achieve the financial target as allocated for the bar
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €38,000.00-€40,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin, County Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bar Manager: 3 years (required)
- Ireland (required)