RightMove Recruitment are now hiring a Production & Transport Specialistfor a well-know Irish Company based in Lombardstown, County Cork.
This role will be responsible for optimising the throughput of the production planning and transport scheduling for the company’s Quality Feeds, to ensure maximum production and transport efficiency, while adhering to the policies, codes of practice, goals and objectives of the Feed Mill and its customers. Reporting to the Logistics Manager he/she will be responsible for the production planning and finished product deliveries and all associated activities. While developing a strong working relationship with all site management, customer service personnel, hauliers and drivers in order to achieve targets and improve efficiencies for The company’s Quality Feeds.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following
- Ensure all contractor drivers observe site safety rules and comply with PPE directives in designated areas.
- Implement the Code of Practice for the transport of Feedstuffs and The company’s Zero Harm policy.
- Manage the efficient scheduling of all customer orders through the transport scheduler system.
- Schedule all production cubes and coarse animal feeds, in a manner that will optimise plant efficiency while ensuring a best in class delivery service to our bulk and bag feed customers.
- Work closely with the customer care team to deliver the highest standards of customer experience.
- Monitor and plan routes to achieve the most efficient mileage rate.
- Liaise with Milling Production Mgt to pre plan the manufacture of all customer special orders.
- Monitor loading to ensure accuracy of weights and haulier compliance with weight regulations.
- Plan for direct delivery of customer bulk orders (straights) ex-port.
- Respond to and record all logistics customer concerns and their resolution with a view to minimising.
- Maintain TSB by recording any changes in rates and input an explanation on the computer system.
- Monitor driver documentation monthly to ensure conformance with TASCC/UFAS and HACCP quality standards.
Applicants for this position must possess:
- A 3rd level qualification in a related field.
- At least 3 years logistics / Transport / Production scheduling experience, preferably in Food or Feed production.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience of dealing with internal/ external stakeholders.
- A proven background in numerical analysis.
- Commercial/Quality awareness.
- Strong IT skills and ERP system experience.
- Experience in factory management and ERP systems.
Competitive salary & benefits package along with continuous learning and development opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €44,000.00-€55,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Logistics / Transport / Production scheduling: 3 years (preferred)
- Agribusiness: 1 year (preferred)