RightMove Recruitment are now hiring a Production Unit Manager for our client, a catering company based in Finglas Co. Dublin.
As the CPU manager, you will have overall accountability and responsibility for all aspects of the food production operation within the CPU. The role includes purchasing, storage, preparation, packaging and distribution of a range of chilled products to various sites throughout Dublin.
The manager will ensure that robust control procedures are implemented and maintained to ensure the highest quality products are produced following strict HACCP guidelines.
This role is a 5/7 day working week with varying morning & evening shifts
- Delivery procedures must be followed ensuring that all stock is secure and accurate, records and stock checks are completed as per the schedule.
- We operate on a just in time principle and which requires liaison with the chef.
- Responsibility to ensure that food hygiene standards are implemented, maintained and comply with E.H.O, Q.A, and H.A.C.C.P requirements.
Health & Safety
- Ensure an excellent level of cleanliness throughout the business by acting upon and maintaining a written cleaning schedule.
- Ensure supervisors maintain adequate stocks of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ensure COSHH regulations are up to date and guidelines in use of PPE are accurate.
- Over see that the unit runs smoothly and professionally and opening/closing procedures are followed.
- Enter purchases on a daily basis, stock take on a weekly basis and completion of all reports necessary for end of week tracking waste and payroll.
- Monitor expenditure and retain efficient budget control in the key impact areas of food cost, staff cost, utilities, equipment maintenance, operating supplies.
- Review staff shifts to ensure an effective and economic match for our customer usage patterns and as per direction from senior management.
- Strive to initiate programmes or ideas to reduce labour costs and to maintain/improve gross profit percentages.
Training & Development
- Conduct continuous reviews of all staff to ensure that they are adequately training for COSHH, manual handling, HACCP & hygiene etc. and organise re-training where required.
- Support the recruitment, induction and on-going training of staff in the unit.
- Regularly communicate with the team on any customer feedback.
- Promote a positive attitude towards work and always lead by example. Direct the team to exceed the needs of our customers.
- Overseeing all staff recruitment and training for the unit. All training records must be signed by staff and filed accordingly.
- Be available to deal with any staff welfare issues and if necessary handle grievance, disciplinary or capability issues.
- Conduct staff appraisals to promote the delivery of ‘excellence’.
- Monitor and approve holiday applications and document sickness absence in accordance with agreed procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Level 3 HACCP
- Proven track record in leading a team
- 2+ years experience in a managerial role
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Computer literate
- Previous food manufacturing experience desired
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €38,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Finglas, Co. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Catering Management: 3 years (required)
- HACCP: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person